Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometrialCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometrialCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭

Endo serous carcinoma stage 3c2 surgery, chemo + herserri, then hercessi immunotherapy only. 6 months ned, then came back spread to heart, arm pit, & pelvis

2 days ago
 · 
Reactions
A MyEndometrialCancerTeam Member

Hi Dee
I too have serous EC. It does seem to come back. 3 recurrences for me. When you say it has spread to your pelvis and arm pit I’m assuming that the lymph nodes are “ lighting up” on a PET scan? I can’t say I’ve heard it spread to the heart. I hope you have a great treatment team that you trust. Have they discussed any clinical trials? I’m on Azenosertib which is not yet approved. It shrunk my chest tumors( mediastinal lymph nodes) . I’m still on it after 2 1/2 years. Also I was Originally DX stage 1 A by another oncologist. She didn’t believe the pathology report on first recurrence that noted “serous and clear cell features.” I have a different oncologist now.
Best of care to you 🤗

2 days ago
myEndometrialCancerTeam

What a journey — six months of NED (no evidence of disease) is meaningful, and it's completely understandable to feel overwhelmed now that the cancer has returned and spread to new areas. Serous carcinoma is known to be an aggressive type, which makes recurrence more challenging to navigate.

When endometrial cancer returns Show Full Answer

What a journey — six months of NED (no evidence of disease) is meaningful, and it's completely understandable to feel overwhelmed now that the cancer has returned and spread to new areas. Serous carcinoma is known to be an aggressive type, which makes recurrence more challenging to navigate.

When endometrial cancer returns after treatment, doctors reassess the situation and build a new treatment plan based on where it has spread and what treatments have already been used. For recurrent endometrial cancer, especially with spread to multiple sites, treatment options your oncologist may consider include:

- Chemotherapy — possibly different drug combinations than before
- Immunotherapy — continued or adjusted depending on response
- Hormone therapy — an option for some types of recurrent endometrial cancer
- Targeted therapy — based on biomarkers from your tumor
- Radiation therapy — to help shrink specific tumors
- Clinical trials — investigating newer treatments

Biomarker testing is especially important here, as it helps guide which therapies are most likely to work for your specific cancer.

Having an open conversation with your oncologist about all available options, including clinical trials, is really worth exploring at this stage.

2 days ago

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometrialCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyEndometrialCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyEndometrialCancerTeam Subscriber asked a question 💭

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In